Transportation is the second largest expense for most households after housing, especially where employment, medical facilities, grocery stores and schools are not readily accessible by public transport (see more here http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/livability/fact_sheets/transandhousing.cfm). New Haven is a small city but many people still spend more than they need to on transportation. Read on to find out ways you can spend less!
See below for more information about saving money on:
- Sustainable transportation options including carpooling, cycling and bike sharing, and walking
- Public and special needs transportation services, and subsidies for these services
- Trains (Metro-North, Amtrak and Shoreline East), interstate buses, ferries and air service
- Rentals, Taxis, car -sharing, ride hailing, and shuttle services
- Purchasing or leasing new or used vehicles, maintaining them and paying for insurance and other expenses